Sunday, August 9, 2009

summer wardrobe expansion: garment #7.

again, this one ain't for me.
this is my first foray into what is really considered menswear.
it's a shirt for my dad, that i made him for his birthday.
he gave me an old shirt that was becoming increasingly threadbare and i took it apart at the seams and cut out a new shirt from that pattern, with custom alterations for length.
i was a little worried about fit (i could have used half a yard more fabric), but it fit fine!
yes!!!

front.

pocket.

back.

for some reason i really fell in love with the back of this shirt. like where the yoke meets the back and the pleats and the collar. and it just looks so clean and nice, especially inside, like i figured out how to turn it just so and it's perfect (if i may say so myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment