an acquaintance of mine wrote a novel.
how do you tell someone you want to be friends with them?
can you just say, let's write letters to each other from college.
and when we come home in the winter, we'll go to the movies. and ice skate. and drink tea. and pretend we're polar bears, when we're really just mid-westerners. we'll hibernate in our cave of modest, modern comfort, with pen and paper and words between us.
and you'll be a friend from high school, even though we weren't friends in high school.
i want this kid's letters.
i want to write him letters.
- ► 2011 (16)
- ► 2010 (67)
- notes of thank-you and apology.
- things could be worse, after all they have been.
- once more, with feeling.
- i don't know what i'm talking about.
- a prom fantasy (because, yes, i am going to prom a...
- grrrls' softball update
- i'm going to go watch softball today.
- my utterly teenage moment, two years late.
- mother's day 2009
- another college post
- sometimes i love teenagers.
- the stage.
- somedays i sew.
- ▼ May (15)