Wednesday, March 3, 2010

2.

don't want to do that anymore.

hey new girl, i'm sorry.
was that you who maybe stared at me, because i was staring at maybe-you
who was out with a group for a cigarette break?
you were too far away for me to tell.
i know i kind of screwed up on saturday.
it was the kind of awkward that made me grit my teeth and wince for days afterward. like right now.
i think i'll call you tomorrow. or maybe text you, which, at least for me, is the communication of cowards.
i think i might be friends-phobic. or making-friends-phobic. which makes me sound autistic, which i am not. so far as i know, i have no problems and i would like to keep it that way. it seems like everyone here has problems. from a "bad back" to ....you know, things far worse and psychological. maybe it isn't just here, maybe it's everywhere. maybe it's our world, too quick to diagnose to make ourselves special. yeah well, i'm allergic to amoxicillin.
do you have problems, new girl?
no disrespect. i love holding people. i want them to get better. whatever better might mean.

for some reason i felt an affinity to you. i assumed we were both in the same position. maybe we are. we should talk some more and find out.
i have a dreadlock and a floral bow in my hair.
you have black hair with pale brown roots. and a ralph waldo emerson tattoo.
is march the lion/lamb month? in like a.....out like a.....
dear new girl, i'm sorry. you share a name with my first best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment