Saturday, March 13, 2010

bad haikus for a mounting fear.

(any apparent attempt at rhyme or meter is entirely accidental.)

if you're reading this
i have only one request:
if tomorrow you

wish to go for a
drive on I-80, i ask,
please refrain

for i may just go
insane. for i may have to
drive part of the way

from new york, new york
on to cleveland, ohio
my hands white-knuckled.

i am going on a
trip. a nice craigslist rideshare.
i will drive a bit.

you know, my sewing
teacher always said, if you
can sew, you can drive;

and if you can drive,
you can sew. well, i know i
can still sew. but drive?

i don't know.

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely, I really do enjoy reading poetry and so I will most definitely be following you and watching...

    Sincerely,
    Sarah from The Etiquette Cult

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I'm terrible at poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thats so fun, how about sewing and driving at the same time?


    bespok.

    ReplyDelete