“honest” appears 20 times in Act 3
- the meaning/context of honest changes. first Cassio is “honest,” then he is not and Iago is “honest”
- layin’ it on a little thick there, Shakespeare.
● Othello chooses to believe Iago over Desdemona
- Clown + Musicians “discord” “harmony” music terms and relationship terms. foreshadows the discord to come.
- The Clown isn’t funny.
- another case of jealousy
“’Tis not a year or two shows a man.
They are all but stomachs, and we all but food;
They eat us hungrily, and when they are full,
They belch us.”
- Emilia Act III. Scene IV.
oh kathleen hanna were you listening? did you have to read othello in your 12th grade ap lit class? did you read this line? this sounds like you, baby. i want to meet you. i'm forgetting, darling, i'm forgetting. i need to read a bitch magazine and hear your music as more than just music to flail around my bedroom to. why am i not as angry at somethings when they haven't changed? am i growing up? this "maturing" thing is happening without my consent. i want everyone to know that. here at age seven - , no - eighteen EIGHTEEN i am in act 3 of my life. the changing part. i think this act will last many years. how many acts does my life have? maybe my life can't be quantified in regular "acts." i am fond of experimental theatre, after all. maybe my life is thirty, sixty, hundreds! thousands! of short metaphor-laden abstract plays. where the audience, i mean, the rest of the world, is involved. push, pull, choose.
what does the handkerchief symbolize? desdemona's virtue, all that really matters.
- ► 2011 (16)
- ► 2010 (67)
- ▼ March (4)